Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Best Anti-Aging Skincare Moves, According to a Dermatologist

Stroll the hallways of Walgreens or CVS, with walls of moisturizers, serums, scrubs, soaps, scrubs, and more, and you would probably come to the conclusion that keeping your skin healthy and well is super, super complicated to look. However, younger and healthier looking skin is only about two things, says 46-year-old dermatologist Corey L. Hartman, MD, an MH consultant and founder of Skin Wellness Dermatology in Birmingham: Keep your routine simple and always use products with scientifically proven ingredients. So he takes his own advice.

Use retinol before bed

I apply a product with retinol at night – no skin care ingredient has more science behind it. It’s an exfoliant so you won’t get acne or dull skin, and it stimulates collagen, which helps keep fine lines and wrinkles away. I wash my face with an exfoliating cleanser (SkinCeuticals LHA Cleanser Gel), then I use prescription retinol (Arazlo) and a moisturizer (Senté Dermal Repair Cream) to help penetrate the retinol and reduce irritation.

Do botox sooner rather than later

I started botox at the age of 30 and now do it every four months on my upper face. It does more than just erase age. Among the many benefits: it prevents wrinkles from digging in, it helps with collagen production, and it just makes me look less mean and more approachable. I no longer have to convince my male patients to get Botox, probably also because I use it so openly.

Use a mask to fight acne

The masks we use in my office have to be N95 or a similar quality. We clean them, but it doesn’t remove any oil that can clog the pores so I had a big mask. I started using a clay mask (SkinCeuticals Clarifying Clay Masque) a few times a week when it got really bad and that keeps my face clear.

Use this to keep cancer away

Since I’m black, the melanin in my skin gives me a certain amount of sun protection factor. But the sun protection factor that is effective against skin cancer – which people of any skin color can get – is higher than what I naturally have. (Skin cancer can also be younger than you think. Find out more about it here.) So I wear sunscreen every day. I use an emulsion (ISDIN Eryfotona Actinica Ultralight Emulsion) that does not leave a chalk film despite the zinc oxide content.

Erase stains that bother you

Any patient of color and anyone over 40 will begin to see pigment changes, like sunspots or dark spots from acne. That bothers people more than wrinkles. I’m using Cyspera, a new pigment corrector that doesn’t require stain treatment; You just wipe everything over. You need to leave it on an unwashed face for 15 minutes. I put it on when I leave the gym and when I get home it’s ready for a shower.

Keep the beard, lose the troubles

I have a history of razor bumps that I got to grips with with laser hair removal. It changed life. As with many people, most of my problems have been around my neck. Hair on the back of the neck isn’t necessary for a full beard look – my patients are often surprised to hear this – so I just got rid of it. I no longer get razor pimples and the hyperpigmentation and red bumps with their potential for scarring also got better.

A version of this story originally appeared in the July / August 2021 issue of Men’s Health.

This content is created and maintained by a third party and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may find more information on this and similar content at piano.io



source https://dailyhealthynews.ca/best-anti-aging-skincare-moves-according-to-a-dermatologist/

No comments:

Post a Comment