Saturday, July 3, 2021

Ciara Wilson Swears By 3 Wellness Practices

C.iara Wilson is changing the narrative about the health of black women. When the artist learned that black women are twice more likely to die from cervical cancer than other women, she partnered with Cerving Confidence, a collaboration between the Black Women’s Health Imperative (BWHI) and the Hologic Project Health Equality, to encourage black women to make appointments Schedule annual health checkups to protect yourself from the disease.

“My ultimate goal is to inspire women to do this and be confident and really embody what it means to have self-love and take care of yourself,” she tells Well + Good. “There’s so much power in there, and it’s time to change the narrative and make this inequality longer.”

Cervical cancer aside, the statistics on black women’s health are terrifying. As a US News and World Report A-2016 article put it, “Being black is bad for your health.” Research has shown: “Blacks get sick at a younger age, have more serious illnesses, and biologically age faster than whites. Scientists call this the “weathering effect” or the result of cumulative stress. “

For Wilson, these facts are obvious. “When I think of black women in particular, I obviously connect, identify, and connect deeply because I am a black woman,” she says. Because of this, she chose to lead by example and show the women in her community the importance of prioritizing their wellbeing.

similar posts

Below, she shares the top three points on her wellness resume that “feed her soul” in the hopes that she can inspire other women to do the same.

The wellness practices that Ciara Wilson swears by

1. Prioritize their annual audits

Wilson puts wellness at the forefront of her life, and her annual health checkups – which screen her for cervical cancer – are high on the list. “I want to be here as long as possible to experience all the precious moments with my children, and that includes keeping track of my annual women’s health check,” she says. “I’m really looking forward to this exam, and for my general well-being, I’m also doing an EKG test and checking all of my vital signs. It can be a small process, but it is the best feeling to know that I have punctured my Is and I have crossed my Ts for health – this is very important to me. “

2. Make time for self-care

Wilson’s approach to self-care is all about the little things that together make a big difference. “Sometimes you just have to stop the world, and I’m really working on mastering that for myself so I can make sure I feed my soul and give it what it needs,” she says. “Just the simple things like taking a break and putting my phone down. I hit the pause to just enjoy my time with my girls, my husband and I make sure we have a date night at least once a week, and I love taking care of my skin and doing my hair. “To Wilson, all of these little acts of self-care just feel good,” which really makes a difference, “she says.

3. Move your body

“The training helps me nourish my soul in a really great way,” says Wilson, adding that she “loves” being active and active. Her workouts these days include peloton rides with Ally Love, as well as strength training sessions with her trainer, Decker Davis. “We do everything from plyometrics to weightlifting to cardio and quick sprints,” says Wilson. “We’re always strategic and I like being challenged and going to the gym and not knowing what to expect.”

Oh hello! You look like someone who loves free workouts, discounts on cult favorite wellness brands, and exclusive Well + Good content. Register with Well +, our online community of wellness insiders, and activate your rewards immediately.



source https://dailyhealthynews.ca/ciara-wilson-swears-by-3-wellness-practices/

No comments:

Post a Comment